RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS
Almost always: Sudden onset of cough and fever
Common: Fatigue, Muscle aches, Sore throat, Headache, Decreased appetite, Runny nose
Sometimes: Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Shortness of breath, rapid or difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Bluish or grey skin colour
- Bloody or coloured mucus/spit
- Sudden dizziness or confusion
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- High fever lasting more than 3 days
- Low blood pressure
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
3. Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand.
4. Get your H1N1 flu shot.
5. Keep common surface areas clean and disinfected.
6. If you get sick, stay home!
Get your guide at www.fightflu.ca
Courtesy: Public Health Agency of Canada